Thursday, September 23, 2010

Intelligence Quotes

  • Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

    Alan Alda

  • Wit is educated insolence.

    Aristotle

  • Mad, adj. Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence.

    Ambrose Bierce

  • Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.

    Salvador Dali

  • It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.

    Albert Einstein

  • The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

    Albert Einstein

  • We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.

    Albert Einstein

  • What a distressing contrast there is between the radiant intelligence of the child and the feeble mentality of the average adult.

    Sigmund Freud

  • I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde.

    Dolly Parton

  • I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.

    Mark Twain

  • Common sense is not so common.

    Voltaire

  • I can't tell you if genius is hereditary, because heaven has granted me no offspring.

    James Whistler

  • Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than in a whole one.

    E. B. White

  • Belief is the death of intelligence.

    Robert Anton Wilson

  • I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.

    Woodrow Wilson

  • If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?

    Scott Adams

  • Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school I was so smart my teacher was in my class for five years.

    Gracie Allen

  • Man becomes man only by his intelligence, but he is man only by his heart.

    Henri Frederic Amiel

  • Genius ain't anything more than elegant common sense.

    Josh Billings

  • There is no greater evidence of superior intelligence than to be surprised at nothing.

    Josh Billings

  • Intelligence is not a science.

    Frank Carlucci

  • A woman uses her intelligence to find reasons to support her intuition.

    Gilbert K. Chesterton

  • Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think.

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  • Genius always finds itself a century too early.

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  • The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

    F. Scott Fitzgerald

  • There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have.

    Don Herold

  • Action is the real measure of intelligence.

    Napoleon Hill

  • Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant.

    Victor Hugo

  • Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

    Georg C. Lichtenberg

  • The bookful blockhead, ignorantly read With loads of learned lumber in his head.

    Alexander Pope

  • There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.

    Ronald Reagan

  • Every true genius is bound to be naive.

    Friedrich Schiller

  • Intelligence is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas.

    Susan Sontag

For More Quotes, visit Inspirational Life Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment