Thursday, September 23, 2010

Funny Quotes

  • I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

    Woody Allen

  • I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.

    Woody Allen

  • I failed to make the chess team because of my height.

    Woody Allen

  • I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick. Not wounded. Dead.

    Woody Allen

  • If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job.

    Woody Allen

  • Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.

    Woody Allen

  • O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet.

    Saint Augustine

  • It is a scientific fact that your body will not absorb cholesterol if you take it from another person's plate.

    Dave Barry

  • The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl.

    Dave Barry

  • A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.

    Yogi Berra

  • I never said most of the things I said.

    Yogi Berra

  • If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer.

    Yogi Berra

  • Every man has his follies - and often they are the most interesting thing he has got.

    Josh Billings

  • There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together.

    Josh Billings

  • Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.

    Mel Brooks

  • I'm kidding about having only a few dollars. I might have a few dollars more.

    James Brown

  • Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.

    George Burns

  • Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.

    George Burns

  • I spent a year in that town, one Sunday.

    George Burns

  • When I was a boy the Dead Sea was only sick.

    George Burns

  • Parents are the last people on earth who ought to have children.

    Samuel Butler

  • If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

    Quentin Crisp

  • California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange.

    Fred Allen

  • I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

    Fred Allen

  • Television is a medium because anything well done is rare.

    Fred Allen

  • What's on your mind, if you will allow the overstatement?

    Fred Allen

  • Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing.

    Robert Benchley

  • I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well.

    Robert Benchley

  • A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.

    Josh Billings

  • A friend doesn't go on a diet because you are fat.

    Erma Bombeck

  • Never have more children than you have car windows.

    Erma Bombeck

  • Electricity is really just organized lightning.

    George Carlin

  • In comic strips, the person on the left always speaks first.

    George Carlin

  • Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

    George Carlin

  • What does it mean to pre-board? Do you get on before you get on?

    George Carlin

  • Parrots make great pets. They have more personality than goldfish.

    Chevy Chase

  • I have never been hurt by what I have not said.

    Calvin Coolidge

  • A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

    Bill Cosby

  • Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.

    Bill Cosby

  • Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.

    Bill Cosby

  • Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home.

    Bill Cosby

  • I'd luv to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair.

    Bette Davis

  • My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.

    Ellen DeGeneres

  • I found there was only one way to look thin, hang out with fat people.

    Rodney Dangerfield

  • I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.

    Rodney Dangerfield

  • I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap.

    Rodney Dangerfield

  • Brought up to respect the conventions, love had to end in marriage. I'm afraid it did.

    Bette Davis

  • He would make a lovely corpse.

    Charles Dickens

  • Most women set out to try to change a man, and when they have changed him they do not like him.

    Marlene Dietrich

  • I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known.

    Walt Disney

  • Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

    Albert Einstein

  • When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

    Albert Einstein

  • I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

    W. C. Fields

  • I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.

    W. C. Fields

  • I like children - fried.

    W. C. Fields

  • I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.

    W. C. Fields

  • Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

    W. C. Fields

  • I don't need you to remind me of my age. I have a bladder to do that for me.

    Stephen Fry

  • I drank some boiling water because I wanted to whistle.

    Mitch Hedberg

  • I wish my name was Brian because maybe sometimes people would misspell my name and call me Brain. That's like a free compliment and you don't even gotta be smart to notice it.

    Mitch Hedberg

  • My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

    Mitch Hedberg

  • Television has brought back murder into the home - where it belongs.

    Alfred Hitchcock

  • Fashions have done more harm than revolutions.

    Victor Hugo

  • People always ask me, 'Were you funny as a child?' Well, no, I was an accountant.

    Ellen DeGeneres

  • My inner child is not wounded.

    Shannen Doherty

  • Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.

    Benjamin Franklin

  • He taught me housekeeping; when I divorce I keep the house.

    Zsa Zsa Gabor

  • For your information, I would like to ask a question.

    Samuel Goldwyn

  • I don't think anyone should write their autobiography until after they're dead.

    Samuel Goldwyn

  • Life is hard. After all, it kills you.

    Katharine Hepburn

  • The two basic items necessary to sustain life are sunshine and coconut milk.

    Dustin Hoffman

  • A James Cagney love scene is one where he lets the other guy live.

    Bob Hope

  • I love to go to Washington - if only to be near my money.

    Bob Hope

  • I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries.

    Stephen King

  • Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.

    Hedy Lamarr

  • It all started when my dog began getting free roll over minutes.

    Jay London

  • My father would take me to the playground, and put me on mood swings.

    Jay London

  • God did not intend religion to be an exercise club.

    Naguib Mahfouz

  • I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty.

    Imelda Marcos

  • A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

    Groucho Marx

  • A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running.

    Groucho Marx

  • Alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse.

    Groucho Marx

  • Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.

    Groucho Marx

  • I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

    Groucho Marx

  • I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

    Groucho Marx

  • Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

    Groucho Marx

  • Moderation is a virtue only in those who are thought to have an alternative.

    Henry A. Kissinger

  • There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

    Henry A. Kissinger

  • Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

    Fran Lebowitz

  • You're only as good as your last haircut.

    Fran Lebowitz

  • Don't forget Mother's Day. Or as they call it in Beverly Hills, Dad's Third Wife Day.

    Jay Leno

  • The reason there are two senators for each state is so that one can be the designated driver.

    Jay Leno

  • Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.

    Oscar Levant

  • I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.

    Joe E. Lewis

  • The way taxes are, you might as well marry for love.

    Joe E. Lewis

  • I can't even get three weeks off to have cosmetic surgery.

    Paul Lynde

  • I sang in the choir for years, even though my family belonged to another church.

    Paul Lynde

  • Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

    Don Marquis

  • I'd never been in play long enough for the flowers to die in the dressing room.

    Mercedes McCambridge

  • A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers.

    H. L. Mencken

  • It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man.

    H. L. Mencken

  • Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

    H. L. Mencken

  • I rant, therefore I am.

    Dennis Miller

  • I'm like Bush, I see the world more like checkers than chess.

    Dennis Miller

  • My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

    Spike Milligan

  • I like marriage. The idea.

    Toni Morrison

  • Our national flower is the concrete cloverleaf.

    Lewis Mumford

  • My theory is that all of Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.

    Mike Myers

  • Cleanliness becomes more important when godliness is unlikely.

    P. J. O'Rourke

  • Everybody knows how to raise children, except the people who have them.

    P. J. O'Rourke

  • Let's reintroduce corporal punishment in the schools - and use it on the teachers.

    P. J. O'Rourke

  • Never fight an inanimate object.

    P. J. O'Rourke

  • Never wear anything that panics the cat.

    P. J. O'Rourke

  • Never raise your hand to your children - it leaves your midsection unprotected.

    Robert Orben

  • Older people shouldn't eat health food, they need all the preservatives they can get.

    Robert Orben

  • Airplanes may kill you, but they ain't likely to hurt you.

    Satchel Paige

  • If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.

    Laurence J. Peter

  • Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it.

    Laurence J. Peter

  • I was sleeping the other night, alone, thanks to the exterminator.

    Emo Philips

  • I was the kid next door's imaginary friend.

    Emo Philips

  • My computer beat me at checkers, but I sure beat it at kickboxing.

    Emo Philips

  • I don't have a bank account because I don't know my mother's maiden name.

    Paula Poundstone

  • Recession is when a neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours.

    Ronald Reagan

  • I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw that my bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

    Joan Rivers

  • If God wanted us to bend over he'd put diamonds on the floor.

    Joan Rivers

  • Never floss with a stranger.

    Joan Rivers

  • I never expected to see the day when girls would get sunburned in the places they now do.

    Will Rogers

  • I'm not a real movie star. I've still got the same wife I started out with twenty-eight years ago.

    Will Rogers

  • One man's folly is another man's wife.

    Helen Rowland

  • I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

    Carl Sandburg

  • I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun.

    Arnold Schwarzenegger

  • We'll love you just the way you are if you're perfect.

    Alanis Morissette

  • I would talk in iambic pentameter if it were easier.

    Howard Nemerov

  • The consumer isn't a moron; she is your wife.

    David Ogilvy

  • I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

    David Lee Roth

  • I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

    Rita Rudner

  • In Hollywood a marriage is a success if it outlasts milk.

    Rita Rudner

  • I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.

    Bertrand Russell

  • Be able to go shopping for a bathing suit and not become depressed afterward.

    Marilyn vos Savant

  • Have enough sense to know, ahead of time, when your skills will not extend to wallpapering.

    Marilyn vos Savant

  • All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

    Charles M. Schulz

  • I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.

    Charles M. Schulz

  • Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.

    Brooke Shields

  • All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

    Casey Stengel

  • There comes a time in every man's life, and I've had plenty of them.

    Casey Stengel

  • Women are wiser than men because they know less and understand more.

    James Thurber

  • You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog.

    Harry S. Truman

  • By trying we can easily endure adversity. Another man's, I mean.

    Mark Twain

  • Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

    Mark Twain

  • Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

    Mark Twain

  • Honesty is the best policy - when there is money in it.

    Mark Twain

  • There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist.

    Mark Twain

  • The superfluous, a very necessary thing.

    Voltaire

  • Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

    Mae West

  • I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.

    Mae West

  • A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

    George Bernard Shaw

  • Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.

    George Bernard Shaw

  • We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience.

    George Bernard Shaw

  • I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.

    Lily Tomlin

  • If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?

    Lily Tomlin

  • If truth is beauty, how come no one has their hair done in the library?

    Lily Tomlin

  • As I get older, I just prefer to knit.

    Tracey Ullman

  • I think serial monogamy says it all.

    Tracey Ullman

  • The only time a woman really succeeds in changing a man is when he is a baby.

    Natalie Wood

  • TV is chewing gum for the eyes.

    Frank Lloyd Wright

  • A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

    Steven Wright

  • Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

    Steven Wright

  • Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

    Steven Wright

  • Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

    Steven Wright

  • I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.

    Steven Wright

  • I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.

    Steven Wright

  • I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

    Steven Wright

For More Quotes, visit Inspirational Life Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment